- April 16, 2019
- Posted by: reblmarketing
- Category: flores blog
Source: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
For the 2018 EEO-1 reporting cycle, the EEO-1 will collect data on the race, ethnicity, and sex of workers, by job category, from private employers with 100 employees or more. Consistent with current reporting practices, employers will submit EEO-1 reports securely via the EEO-1 Online Filing System on the EEOC’s website or will utilize this portal to electronically transmit a data file containing the EEO-1 data.
All EEO-1 filers (those who filed EEO-1 data in the last survey cycle) will receive their annual Notification Letter indicating that the 2018 EEO-1 Survey is open with filing instructions. Information about the 2018 EEO-1 Survey Opening will also be posted on the EEO-1 Survey Webpage at www.eeoc.gov/eeo1survey.
The EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee had declared the following:
- The deadline to file EEO-1 reports for 2018 is May 31, 2019;
- The Reports must be based on a payroll period in October, November or December 2018
The EEOC is committed to helping all EEO-1 filers successfully file their reports. The EEOC’s online filing system, as well as filing instructions and sample forms, may be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/eeo1survey/index.html.
Once the reports have been completed, be sure to retain the reports for at least one year.
What Should Employers Do Now?
- Determine whether your organization is subject to the reporting requirements outlined above.
- Select an appropriate payroll period to gather the data required for submission.
- For those employers new to these requirements, begin gathering the required information to ensure timely filing of the report.
To learn more about this topic, contact the Human Resources Department at 619-588-2411.