The Human Resources Manager (HRM) plans, directs, and coordinates the administrative functions of an organization. The HRM is also responsible for overseeing department day-to-day functions and managing employees to ensure outstanding service is given to clients. The HRM also provides consultation to clients and managing a variety of HR related areas to ensure compliance. They help contribute to the development of the HR department’s goals, objectives, and systems. Identifying issues, suggesting potential solutions and ensuring the procedures are carried out and comply with employment law and regulations are held in high regard by the HRM.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for overseeing data entry into HRIS
- Responsible for overseeing compensation and benefits administration and record keeping.
- Developing and updating employee handbooks, Injury and Illness Prevention Plans, safety handbooks, managers’ handbooks and all HR forms for new clients
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Assisting clients with employee issues – offering advice and explaining the law
- Answering employee questions, resolving employee problems with benefits, dealing with employee complaints
- Responsible for overseeing workers’ compensation claims and working with claims adjusters, employees and clients.
- Overseeing the HR Assistant(s) to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Oversee Benefit Coordinators and Administrators.
- Trains HR staff on new duties, assigns tasks and projects as necessary
- Publicize job openings and screen applications. Partake in interview process
- Participate in webinars/seminars to maintain knowledge of HR practices
- Conduct training such as manager training, sexual harassment training and new hire orientations.
- Assist with the onboarding of new clients.
- Develop working knowledge of payroll processing platform and the integration of it with the HRIS
- Maintain confidentiality of clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of both Federal and State labor laws
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Bilingual abilities are valued
- Strong knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Experience in administration of benefits and other HRIS programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications and HRIS
- Ability to follow pre-established guidelines to perform a variety of functions
- Ability to follow professional appearance and dress code guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and others
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) required
- Professional in Human Resources in CA (PHR – CA) preferred
- Associates or Bachelors degree in related area required
- Minimum of three years experience valued
- Ability to work independently