The Compliance Supervisor (CS) is responsible for overseeing the payroll and human resources administration functions, auditing clients’ compliance and work closely with staff and clients to minimize any risk and liability. This also includes staying up to date with new laws affecting our clients and communicating these changes to both staff and clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist business development department with onboarding and auditing new payroll clients
- Audit and/or set up vacation policies as needed
- Assist with transition of payroll into the Human Resources department
- Supervise and train on payroll processing and human resources administration as needed
- Conduct periodic internal audits of all clients to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Work with HR Manager regarding items out of compliance. Gather documentation of how clients would like to proceed.
- Stay up to date with emerging compliance issues and laws and keep both the staff and clients informed.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, and procedures
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations of clients and progress.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies necessary to minimize risk of non-compliance
- Audit the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations for accuracy and report discrepancies to Management.
- Audit all renewal processes for timely completion.
- Work with management on client off-boarding process
- Process payrolls as assigned and maintain CRG management files.
- Supervise on EEO/BLS Reporting
- Recruiting for FLORES positions
- Maintain confidentiality of clients
- Work with the marketing team with internal and client newsletter
- Billing Report Audit for Flores
- Oversee the On Boarding Checklist for Clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Experience in Word, Excel, Payality, People-Trak and other applicable database programs helpful
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- CPP certification preferred
- PHR Certification valued
- Ability to work independently