The Chief of HR will provide vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the development of a cost-effective HR Services department while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the FLORES organization. The main responsibility will be success of FLORES employees, ensuring all personnel files, benefit programs and HR policies are compliant and of added value to the staff. All procedures implemented must align with company vision and values.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and direct all function-related activities within the scope of the human resources department.
- Supervision of staff performance reviews and ensuring Managers successfully stay on top of all staff documentation
- Plan, direct and coordinate work plan; assign projects, programs and activities; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures; identify and resolve problems
- Advise staff as to the handling of non-routine situations
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Participate in conflict/grievance mediation and resolution
- Conduct training – sexual harassment, new hire orientations, manager training etc.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to administration and maintenance of employee benefits programs. Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
- Oversee and/or administer benefits programs, including conducting analysis and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health and life), workers’ compensation, unemployment and retirement plans.
- Administer benefit plan year-end compliance for ACA
- Administer/oversee work comp/general liability renewal policies to ensure best plan and rates
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions
- Maintain organization of staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Advise clients on the administration of human resources policies and procedures during employee issues, investigations etc.; General human resources consulting
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department
- Responsible for payroll processing for FLORES
- Maintain confidentiality of clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of both Federal and State labor laws to advise managers on compliance issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Bilingual abilities are valued
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and others
- Ability to follow pre-established guidelines to perform a variety of functions
- Ability to follow professional appearance and dress code guidelines
- Interfaces with legal counsel when necessary
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and PHR – CA required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required
- Minimum of seven years’ experience.
- Ability to work independently