The Accounting Consultant (AC) works within the FLORES Consulting division with businesses who need our expertise and knowledge to help streamline their own accounting departments. The AC role also provides guidance and support to the Accounting Services Department. Support clients to develop a productive and efficient accounting team or department, through the maximization of its accounting objectives. Ensure that an organization’s human capital serves the best interests of the company as well as advice companies/clients on a wide range of issues involving its accounting SOPS and platforms.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with business development meetings for new or potential clients
- Initiate and lead accounting programs and projects
- Assist DAS in providing advice and recommendations to clients for resolution of accounting issues and internal controls
- Answering employee questions about accounting policies and procedures, and refers to Management as needed
- Handles client Accounting workshops and trainings
- Participate in webinars/seminars to improve knowledge of accounting practices
- Assumes other duties and projects as assigned by the Management
- Conduct research through various methods (data collection, surveys etc.) to identify a problematic situation or find the cause
- Provides GAAP Analysis reporting
- Formulate strategic and practical plans to address accounting department processes
- Assist in recruiting, training and management of personnel
- Devise plans and techniques to drive change and optimize accounting department
- Assist in the development and integration of policies and implementation of new controls, softwares and or best practices chosen by client
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have experience in all areas of accounting cycle
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Bilingual abilities are valued
- General knowledge of various accounting principles and standards.
- GAAP and SOX compliance knowledge and experience highly valued
- Solid understanding of research methods and analysis
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of human resource IT
- Ability to strategize and formulate business plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- In-depth knowledge of how to write SOPs, flow charts, PPT presentations and GAAP reporting
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications and HRIS
- A bachelors degree or the equivalent work experience
- Accounting Certifications highly desired
- Ability to follow pre-established guidelines to perform a variety of functions
- Ability to follow professional appearance and dress code guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and others